I am interested in three related themes of research: the self, identity, and motivation; behavior change; and applying self-determination theory to our everyday lives.
- Applied Social Psychology
- Health Psychology
- Life Satisfaction, Well-Being
- Motivation, Goal Setting
- Organizational Behavior
- Personality, Individual Differences
- Research Methods, Assessment
- Self and Identity
Note from the Network: The holder of this profile has certified having all necessary rights, licenses, and authorization to post the files listed below. Visitors are welcome to copy or use any files for noncommercial or journalistic purposes provided they credit the profile holder and cite this page as the source.
- Houser-Marko, L., & Sheldon, K. (2008). Eyes on the prize or nose to the grindstone? The effects of goal evaluation on mood and motivation. Personality and Social Psychology Bulletin, 34, 1556-1569.
- Houser-Marko, L., & Sheldon, K. (2006). The self-as-doer construct: Implications for sustained motivation. Personality and Social Psychology Bulletin, 32, 1037-1049.
- Houser-Marko, L., Sporer, A. K., Hund, L., Emery, S. L., Lee, J., & Curry, S. J. (2010). Use of program evaluation in community youth tobacco cessation programs. American Journal of Health Behavior, 34(2), 177-185.
- Sheldon, K. M., Arndt, J., & Houser-Marko, L. (2003). In search of the organismic valuing process: The human tendency to move towards beneficial goal choices. Journal of Personality, 71, 835-869.
- Sheldon, K. M., & Houser-Marko, L. (2001). Self-concordance, goal-attainment, and the pursuit of happiness: Can there be an upward spiral? Journal of Personality and Social Psychology, 80, 152-165.
- Sheldon, K. M., Houser-Marko, L., & Kasser, T. (2006). Does autonomy increase with age? Comparing the goal motivations of college students and their parents. Journal of Research in Personality, 40, 168-178.
- Sheldon, K. M., Kasser, T., Houser-Marko, L., Jones, T., & Turban, D. (2005). Doing one's duty: Chronological age, felt autonomy, and subjective well-being. European Journal of Personality, 19, 97-115.
- Sheldon, K. M., King, L. A., Houser-Marko, L., Osbaldiston, R., & Gunz, A. (2007). Comparing IAT and TAT measures of power versus intimacy motivation. European Journal of Personality, 21, 263-280.
Linda S. Houser-Marko
161 E. Erie Street, #304
Chicago, Illinois 60611